South Carolina's state business tax climate is ranked 37th in the nation. Many of our state's tax policies place an undue burden on our businesses and discourage other businesses from locating here. We're working to make the local tax code more competitive.
- Analyze South Carolina’s tax system at the state and local level.
- Identify issues that need reform to foster business growth and economic prosperity.
- Develop recommendations to make South Carolina’s tax code more competitive for workers and businesses.
Our key deliverable is an “SC Tax Reform Roadmap Guide.” The goal of the Roadmap is to help the Chamber and its allies advocate for research-based policy changes that will improve the state’s tax code for businesses. We've partnered with the Tax Foundation, based in Washington, DC, to conduct research and produce the Roadmap.
Task Force Members
- Rick Reames - Nexsen Pruet former SCDOR Director, Task Force Chair
- Chamber Tax Committee Members
- Palmetto Business Forum Representatives